Preparation is key. Start with a hot bath or shower, regardless of where you plan to actually shave. This preps the skin and hair for shaving and cuts down on irritation and bumps. Prime, lather, and shave just one section at a time (no more than half of one leg at a time). Once you're done shaving, rinse with cool (or cold) water, pat dry with a clean towel, and apply Bevel Restoring Balm.
- Start with a hot bath or shower to soften the hair and skin. Make sure your skin is wet with warm water before applying Bevel Priming Oil.
- Soak the Bevel Brush in warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Apply about a nickel sized amount of Bevel Cream to the brush.
- Lather the Bevel Shave Cream directly on the first section in strong circular motions.
- Set the brush with cream aside. Don't rinse it off yet, you'll need more later.
- Using no pressure, shave against the grain. Our leg hair typically grow downward, so to shave against the grain, you'll want to make upward strokes. Keep your strokes short, holding the razor at about a 45 degree angle. You can always re-lather any section that needs an extra pass.
- Finish off, going section by section. Take extra care around the knees and ankles.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Pat skin dry with a clean towel and apply Bevel Restoring Balm.